News and a look at Rinse behind the scenes
Dry cleaning and laundry market leader cleans up with acquisition of L.A. competitor
LOS ANGELES - May 11, 2021 - Rinse, the leading national brand in dry cleaning and laundry delivery, announces the acquisition of ButlerBox, a Los Angeles-based dry cleaning and laundry provider specializing in locker-based service with multifamily and commercial office partners. ButlerBox is the latest in a series of acquisitions for Rinse that includes the Chicago-based Dryv in 2020, the Bay Area-based OffToYou in 2020, Cleanly’s San Francisco operations in 2019, and Washio in 2016.
Founded in 2013 with the goal of removing friction from clothing care, Rinse offers a simple, consistent, high-quality solution to dry cleaning and laundry in seven major markets across the United States. The acquisition of ButlerBox will expand Rinse’s customer base in Los Angeles and further solidifies Rinse as the market leader and the fastest growing clothing care provider in the L.A. market.
"We're thrilled to expand Rinse's presence in Los Angeles with the acquisition of ButlerBox," stated Ajay Prakash, CEO of Rinse. “ButlerBox has built a great company and a very impressive community of multifamily and commercial partnerships, which was a major driving factor in our decision to acquire them. In addition, we are seeing strong momentum in L.A. with demand already back up to pre-COVID levels. The timing couldn’t have been better.”
With Rinse, ButlerBox customers will enjoy door-to-door service 7 days a week and have the option to use additional services beyond Dry Cleaning and Wash & Fold, like Hang Dry, Clothing Repairs, and more. Rinse also offers Rinse Repeat, its leading laundry subscription service, priced by the bag instead of the pound.
In addition, Rinse will continue providing service to all of ButlerBox’s multifamily and commercial office partners. Rinse offers Rinse for Rentals at multifamily apartment buildings, providing the attractive perk for residents of picking up and delivering residents’ dry cleaning and laundry right to their door. Rinse also offers a similar service, Rinse for Business, that enables employers or commercial office buildings to provide dry cleaning and laundry service as an eye-catching benefit to their employees or tenants.
“I’ve gotten to know Rinse over the past few years and have developed a deep admiration for their unwavering focus on quality and customer service, in addition to how they have used technology to create a seamless customer experience. I’m excited to know that our customers and partners will be in such good hands moving forward,“ stated Marc Sigal, CEO of ButlerBox.
Rinse is on its way to becoming the first national brand in clothing care. Rinse’s unique approach to reducing customer friction while modernizing the laundry and dry cleaning space has been integral not only to the company’s continued success but to the industry’s evolution to meet the demands of today’s customers.
Rinse is building the first and largest national brand in clothing care. The company picks up, cleans, and delivers customers' dry cleaning and laundry, straight to their doors. Inspired to solve massive pain points on both sides of the dry cleaning and laundry business, Rinse has created a superior experience for consumers, while standardizing processes and smoothing out the demand curve for local cleaning partners. Its services include Dry Cleaning, Launder & Press, Wash & Fold, Hang Dry, and more. Rinse serves customers in seven major markets, including San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, and Washington, DC. The company was founded by Ajay Prakash, James Joun, and Sam Cheng, and is headquartered in San Francisco. To experience Rinse for yourself, visit www.rinse.com or download the Rinse mobile app (available on iOS or Android).
Rinse Repeat just got even better with the introduction of Rollover Bags and Banked Pounds
Rinse, the leading laundry and dry cleaning delivery company, has announced Unlimited Rollover and the ability to collect Banked Pounds as a Rinse Repeat subscriber. This update to Rinse Repeat, Rinse’s revolutionary subscription laundry service, offers unlimited rollover of unused bags and the ability to “bank” unused pounds and turn them into free additional bags for laundry. When Rinse introduced Rinse Repeat in late 2018, it received much applause for its high-quality, subscription Wash & Fold service. Rinse Repeat has experienced rapid growth since its launch, growing 80% year-over-year between 2019 and 2020. In addition, Rinse Repeat subscribers have a Net Promoter Score in the high 60’s. It’s clear that customers love Rinse Repeat, and now with Unlimited Rollover and Banked Pounds, there will be even more laundry love to go around.
The interesting thing about laundry is that everybody does it, but everyone does it in their own way and on their own schedule. With Rinse Repeat, Rinse has created a subscription service that is truly designed for each customers' individual needs. Each Rinse Repeat bag holds up to four loads of laundry (roughly two large laundry baskets’ worth) and customers can select the number of bags they want each month to address their laundry needs. With Rinse Repeat’s new rollover program, customers that do not fill up their bag can bank up to 10 unused pounds per bag. Once they’ve accumulated 30 Banked Pounds, customers will receive an extra Rinse Repeat bag for free, perfect to use during spring cleaning, a big move, during the holidays, or when preparing for a trip. In addition, Rinse will offer Rinse Repeat subscribers Unlimited Rollover, meaning unused bags roll over each month and never expire as long as they’re an active subscriber. With this latest update of Unlimited Rollover and Banked Pounds customers can choose the right amount of bags for their needs, have their laundry done on their own cadence, and let Rinse take care of everything else.
“We introduced Unlimited Rollover and Banked Pounds to make Rinse Repeat even better and more personalized for our customers who don’t always have a full bag of laundry,” said Ajay Prakash, CEO of Rinse. “It’s a fantastic way to give our customers more of what they need and love exactly when they want it.”
Launched in late 2018, Rinse Repeat won customers over with the premium service’s flexibility and pricing model that charges by the bag instead of the pound and doesn’t include additional fees, giving customers incredible convenience at an affordable price. Each customer’s clothes get their own machine, are separated by color, cleaned according to that customer’s preferences, and delivered neatly folded to their door – Rinse even pairs socks.
To learn more or try Rinse Repeat, visit www.rinse.com/rinserepeat.
Founded in 2013, Rinse is building the first and largest national brand in clothing care. The company picks up, cleans, and delivers customers' dry cleaning and laundry, straight to their doors. Inspired to solve massive pain points on both sides of the dry cleaning and laundry business, Rinse has created a superior experience for consumers, while standardizing processes and smoothing out the demand curve for local cleaning partners. Rinse serves customers in seven major markets, including San Francisco, San Jose, Oakland, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, and Washington, DC. Headquartered in San Francisco, Rinse was founded by Ajay Prakash, James Joun, and Sam Cheng. To experience Rinse visit www.rinse.com
Rinse, the market leader in dry cleaning and laundry cleans up with its second acquisition of 2020 by acquiring Dryv, a Chicago-based dry cleaning and laundry delivery service.
Rinse acquires Dryv for its second acquisition of 2020
SAN FRANCISCO - November 17, 2020 - Rinse, the leading national brand in dry cleaning and laundry delivery, announces the acquisition of Dryv, the Chicago-based, on-demand dry cleaning and laundry provider. Dryv is the latest in a series of acquisitions for Rinse that includes OffToYou in 2020, Cleanly’s San Francisco operations in 2019, and Washio in 2016. The acquisition of Dryv marks a significant milestone for Rinse not only in the Chicago market but in its quest for national expansion.
Changing the way people think about clothing care, Rinse offers a simple, consistent, high-quality solution to laundry in seven markets across the United States. The acquisition of Dryv will accelerate Rinse’s capabilities in Chicago and further solidifies Rinse as the market leader and the fastest growing clothing care provider in the Chicago market.
“We’re thrilled to expand Rinse’s presence and capabilities in Chicago with the acquisition of Dryv,” stated Ajay Prakash, CEO of Rinse. “Chicago is a great market and we’re seeing a lot of positive momentum here with demand back up to pre-COVID levels. The timing of this acquisition couldn’t have been better.”
With Rinse, former Dryv customers will now have expanded services beyond Dry Cleaning and Wash & Fold, including Hang Dry, repairs, and more. In addition, Rinse will offer Rinse Repeat, its leading laundry delivery subscription service priced by the bag instead of the pound, as well as Rinse for Business, the first Dry Cleaning & Laundry employee benefit that picks up and delivers laundry at home or the office.
Founded in 2013 with the mission to remove friction from the laundry and dry cleaning customer experience, Rinse is on its way to becoming the first national brand in clothing care. Rinse’s unique approach to reducing customer friction while modernizing the laundry and dry cleaning space has been integral not only to the company’s continued success but in the industry’s evolution to meet the demands of today’s customer.
At Rinse, we give our customers hours back in their week so they time to spend on the things that matter most to them. For example, Rinse Repeat, our subscription laundry service, helps customers save 3+ hours a week –– which adds up!
Today, we’re launching a new and improved version of Rinse Repeat with added flexibility and more ways to save. Rinse Repeat was already the best value high-quality laundry solution on the market and these updates make it even better.
The new Rinse Repeat — Now with Unlimited Rollover!
All Rinse Repeat customers (new and existing) will receive the same award winning Wash & Fold service that they know and love as well as the benefits that allow customers to save up to 56% on laundry over Pay-As-You-Go. These benefits include:
- Flat bag pricing. Save on per pound pricing — if it fits in the bag we'll take care of it!
- Free pickup and delivery. We'll waive the $7.95 Service Fee on all of your Rinse orders.
- Free Next-Day Rush Delivery. You'll skip $5 Rush Service fee — every time.
- No minimum order requirements. Never worry about meeting the Minimum Order value again.
As of today, customers will get all that, plus Unlimited Rollover so you can use EVERY single pound you pay for! Here's what's included:
- Rollover Bags. All unused Rinse Repeat bags will now roll over each month. They can be used anytime and never expire as long as you have an active Rinse Repeat subscription.
- Banked Pounds. If you send us less than 30 lbs of laundry, we'll bank up to 10 lbs of unused capacity. For every 30 lbs you bank, you will receive a free extra Rinse Repeat bag to use anytime!
In addition, you can now track the pounds you bank on the newly redesigned Rinse Repeat subscription management dashboard via your My Account page.
Unlimited Roller – How it works
We know there are some months where you might not have as much laundry. Don't worry! Any unused Rinse Repeat bag rolls over to the next month and can be used any time. There is no limit to the number of Rollover Bags you can have, and they never expire as long as you have an active Rinse Repeat subscription.
Unused bag space is banked in your Rinse Account, up to 10 lbs per bag. For every 30 lbs of laundry you bank, you will receive a free extra Rinse Repeat bag that you can use anytime!
Here’s how it works: if you give us 30+ lbs in your Rinse Repeat bag, we treat that as a full bag. If you send less than 30 lbs, we will bank up to 10 lbs of unused capacity to be saved in your Rinse account. As soon as you bank 30 lbs, one free extra Rinse Repeat bag will automatically be added to your account.
We're excited to introduce Unlimited Rollover to all of our current and new Rinse Repeat customers, adding even more value to our Rinse Repeat service. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected]
Your vote is your voice! #Vote2020 #MakeMomProud
Rinse Election Updates To Date:
Voter turnout is important every year and is especially critical this November with many important elections at stake. To that end, Rinse will be closed on Election Day (Tuesday, 11/3) to ensure our team can vote in-person if they choose.
Please see below for our updated service schedule. If you have any questions, you can reach us at [email protected].
This election season we’re continuing to #MakeMomProud and help any way we can. That is why we’re excited to report that members of the Rinse team are participating in the Big Send -- a nonpartisan initiative to increase voter turnout by sending 15 million personalized letters to under-represented groups across the nation.
Multiple randomized experiments have shown that Vote Forward’s hybrid handwritten / typed letter templates are effective at increasing voter turnout. Learn more about the Big Send here!
At Rinse, one of our core values is to “Make Mom Proud.” With Election Day right around the corner, we are focused on doing just that by getting involved and helping out where we can.
To that end, Rinse will be closing service on Election Day (Tue 11/3) and giving all of our employees a paid holiday. We will send an email closer to the date with an updated service schedule for that week.
In addition, we are working with a few great organizations to help ensure everyone who wants to vote will be able to. We’re excited to tell you about one of those partnerships below!
(If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register to vote. It's easy and takes less than 2 minutes!)
Rinse x Power the Polls
You may not know it, but America is facing an unprecedented shortage of poll workers.
Many workers from previous elections are over the age of 60 and due to their heightened risk from COVID-19, cannot work the polls this year. With more than half of the U.S. electorate expected to vote in person, communities around the country need help.
If you are interested and able to support your community by serving as a poll worker, please sign up using this link or share to help spread the word. Note that poll workers receive PPE, training, and payment.
- 10/17 - 10/30: early voting period
- 10/24: the deadline to register online to vote (register here in 2 minutes or less!)
- 10/28: the deadline to request a ballot by mail (by 5 p.m.)
Who Can Vote in Massachusetts
To register to vote in Massachusetts you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Massachusetts
- be at least 16 years old (must be 18 years old to vote on Election Day)
- not have been convicted of corrupt practices in respect to elections
- not be under guardianship with respect to voting
- not be currently incarcerated for a felony conviction
To learn more about voting in Massachusetts, visit the state's resource page here.
- 9/24 - 11/2: early voting period
- 10/18: the deadline to register online to vote (register here in 2 minutes or less!)
- 10/29: the deadline to request a ballot by mail
Who Can Vote in Illinois
To register to vote in Illinois you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Illinois and of your election precinct at least 30 days before the next election
- be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
- cannot be serving a sentence of confinement in any penal institution as a result of conviction of any crime
- not claim the right to vote anywhere else
To learn more about voting in Illinois, visit the Illinois State Board of Election's page here.
- 10/5 - 11/2: early voting period
- 10/19: the deadline to register online to vote (register here in 2 minutes or less!)
- 10/19: the deadline to request a ballot by mail (must be postmarked by 10/19)
Who Can Vote in California
To register to vote in California you must:
- be a United States citizen
- be a resident of California
- be at least 18 years old or older on Election Day
- not be currently in state or federal prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony
- not be currently found to be mentally incompetent to vote by a court
To learn more about voting in California, visit the Secretary of State's resource page here.
- 10/27 - 11/2: early voting period
- 10/13: deadline to request a ballot by mail
- Reminder, you cannot register to vote online in WDC
To learn more about voting in Washington, D.C., visit the DC Board of Elections' resource page here.
Who Can Vote in Washington, D.C.
To register to vote in Washington, D.C. you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a be a resident of the District of Columbia
- maintain residency in the District of Columbia for at least 30 days prior to the election in which you intend to vote
- not claim voting residence or the right to vote in another U.S. state or territory
- be at least 17 years old (You may register to vote if you are at least 16 years old. You may vote in a primary election if you are at least 17 years old and you will be at least 18 years old by the next general election. You may vote in a general or special election if you are at least 18 years old).
- not be in jail for a felony conviction
- not have been found by a court to be legally incompetent to vote
Our Co-Founder & CEO, Ajay Prakash, shares more about what Rinse is doing to help during the 2020 election season.
This year's elections are incredibly important for a number of reasons, and not surprising for #2020, they will also be a bit different than many we've seen in the past. Typically, most of the energy prior to an election is spent on persuasion - e.g. how can you convince voters to support your candidate (some of you are probably trying to do that with family and friends right now!) - but the interesting thing about this year's election is that it's less about persuasion and much more about mobilization.
It has become increasingly clear that Voter turnout will decide the election.
Like many of you, Rinse has been thinking about how we can help mobilize voters over the next 35 days. Below are a few things we are doing:
- Rinse is closing service on Election Day (11/3) and giving our employees a paid holiday. We typically only close around July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve. This year, we will be closed on Election Day so we can give our team time to vote, to volunteer as a poll worker, or to just enjoy the day off.
- Rinse has joined the Civic Alliance, a nonpartisan coalition that provides valuable tools, resources, events, and partnership opportunities to companies to help them engage employees and consumers as active participants in civic life.
- Rinse has partnered with Power The Polls to help address the impending poll worker shortage this year.
- Rinse will facilitate participation in the “Big Send” led by Vote Forward. Vote Forward is an organization that focuses on sending letters to drive voter turnout (a surprisingly effective approach). They have set October 17th as the "Big Send" date to maximize voter turnout.
- I am personally supporting the Voter Participation Center and exploring ways that Rinse might be able to as well. Their only goal is to turn non-voters into voters.
Note that all of the organizations above are nonpartisan and primarily focused on voter turnout. Involvement in any of the above efforts is 100% optional for our employees (except for taking the day off ... they've earned it!) - our goal is simply to #MakeMomProud and facilitate ways our team and customers can help.
To stay up-to-date on our election initiatives, visit our blog page here.
Want high quality laundry service? Try Rinse
Award-winning dry cleaning and laundry service delivered straight to your door.
Leave your clothes to the people who know best. You’ll receive your clothes pressed on hangers, or neatly folded (depending on the service).
Schedule via SMS, web, or app. We pick up and deliver everyday, even if you are not home.
Fast turnaroundOur standard turnaround time is 3–4 days