Join the team of passionate people building the best brand in clothing care
City Manager - Boston
Boston (New Market)
Rinse is building the first and largest national, and eventually global, brand in clothing care. We're taking on a massive consumer problem and creating a significantly better dry cleaning and laundry experience through the combination of "smart scheduling" and best-in-class quality, all supported by a strong technology backbone.
We launched in 2013 and are currently in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, DC, and Chicago, with plans to launch multiple new markets in 2017. We've grown at double digit month-over-month rates since launch, have created a differentiated service our customers love, and have a model where the economics actually work.
Rinse is backed by a group of leading VCs and CEOs who see the massive potential in what we are doing and know we are the team to do it. We are looking for stars to join our team and can’t wait to hear from you.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL...
- Be directly accountable to the success of the Boston market, from inception through market leadership.
- Hire, manage, and lead a growing team to support the market.
- Run a tight ship with a high bar for superior customer experience and operational excellence.
- Operate in a highly independent work environment while working across business functions, often interfacing with Corporate Operations, Customer Experience, Technology, and Product groups.
- Report directly to our COO and contribute to directly to the success of Rinse’s national expansion strategy.
AS THE IDEAL CANDIDATE, YOU...
- Have at least 3-5 years thriving in a highly analytical and/or operational environment, and at least 2-3 years of experience hiring and directly managing people.
- Demonstrate a high bar for attention to detail and operational excellence.
- Excel at working in cross-functional teams and have developed the ability to influence change without direct authority.
- Have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; are able to effectively communicate across a variety of audiences; can use data to drive decision making and alignment; and can inspire and lead without complete data when asked.
- Posses a self-starter mindset and are comfortable in a fast-paced role where taking initiative with limited direction is required.
- Have the aptitude to work independently and set your own priorities.
- Have strong familiarity and knowledge of Boston.
WHY WORK AT RINSE
- You will have the opportunity to be the CEO of a market, with full ownership over the success of the business unit while having the resources and support from a Corporate team.
- We are committed to professional development and can promise a fast-moving environment where you will be challenged and stretched on a daily basis.
- We offer competitive compensation and stock options, in addition to great benefits, including health insurance, open vacation policy, flexible work and office hours, and free dry cleaning and laundry!
- We have built a high-caliber team and have a tight-knit, collaborative work environment.
Email your resume to [email protected]. In your email, tell us about your worst hiring decision and what you learned from it (include context and details as relevant).