It’s that time of year where suitcases get swapped for briefcases. Summer vacation is over, school is back in session, and many of us are returning to the office. As the weather cools down and work heats up, it’s important to get back into a solid routine. That’s easier said than done, so we’ve gathered some action items to help you transition back to the grind.
Save Time With Subscription Services
There are never enough hours in the day to balance work, school, and managing the household. This juggling act is especially difficult as you switch out of vacation mode and head back to the office after an extended period of working remotely. One of the best ways to make this transitional period easier is to automate your life with subscription services. These three subscriptions are sure to help you save time and energy that could be spent working out, impressing your boss, or just getting some much needed beauty sleep.
- Rinse Repeat
You saw this one coming! Laundry: one of the most despised chores. Let’s be real, you’ve got more important things to do with your time than laundry. With a Rinse Repeat subscription, we’ll pick up your laundry or dry cleaning and deliver it back to you clean and ready to wear. Just throw your dirty clothes in the bag and we’ll take care of it. Learn more about our Rinse Repeat plans and save 3+ hours a week.
- Meal Prep Subscriptions
Stop worrying about what’s for dinner when you sign up for a meal prep subscription. Spend less time grocery shopping and meal prepping when you join a subscription such as HelloFresh, which delivers step-by-step recipes and fresh ingredients to your doorstep. Picture it now: a Wednesday night to yourself with no laundry to fold and minimal kitchen clean up.
- Productivity Subscriptions
You probably use productivity tools at work, but why not incorporate them into your personal life as well? Subscriptions like Evernote help keep you on track as a place to save notes, manage tasks, and stay organized. Keep your calendar, notes, and to-do lists synced so you can get your routine on point and save time by keeping everything in one organized virtual space.
Use That Extra Time to Get Active
Now that summer travel is winding down, it’s time to get back into a fitness routine. With those extra hours you’re saving on trips to the dry cleaners or grocery shopping, you get time back for physical activity. One great way to ease back into an exercise regime is yoga, which offers endless benefits for both the body and mind. Or you can use those 3 hours you saved with Rinse Repeat to go for a hike, because the only mountain in your life should be one you’re climbing, not a heap of dirty clothes. Perhaps you want to try something new, like Barry’s Bootcamp, the international gym that’s all the rage this season. Barry’s incorporates running and weight training in their famously red-light studios. However you decide to get active, exercise endorphins will help alleviate your post-vacations blues and kick start your routine.
More Tips To Help Optimize Your Routine
Everyone wants to be the best, most successful, healthiest version of themselves. Here are a few more underestimated tricks to get you back into a troutine.
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep. Being well rested can make all the difference in your day, so be sure you’re sticking to a consistent bedtime routine and getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
- Don’t forget to drink plenty of water. The general rule of thumb is that you should halve your body weight and drink at least that many ounces of water per day.
- Take your vitamins. Now that you’ll be spending more time indoors, give your immune system a boost by starting up a vitamin regime. Start with a multivitamin to improve your overall health and check with your doctor to see where you might have deficiencies.
- Try journaling. Take a few minutes before you start or end your day to get some thoughts down on paper. How are you feeling? What goals do you want to achieve? What are you grateful for?
- Test out a meditation app. HeadSpace or Calm are great options to help decompress after a long day through guided meditation.
It’s easy to gloss over these general knowledge tips, but they can make all the difference in your energy levels, and you’re going to need all the time and energy you can get to master your post-summer routine. Read more about subscriptions that are worth every penny (in our humble opinion) to help reclaim your day. These investments will help you get back to the grind and stay happy, healthy, and hustling!