April, 1 2020
Last week we launched a medical supply drive to help healthcare workers on the front lines. A heartfelt thank you to our customers and community who have contributed by donating various PPE (personal protective equipment) and medical supplies.
In the past week, you have donated:
- 750+ N95 and Surgical Masks
- 600+ Disinfecting Wipes
- 1,500+ Gloves
- 250+ Ounces of Hand Sanitizer
In addition to other assorted PPE.
In an effort to continue to support our healthcare workers during this time, we are extending our medical supply donation drive for as long as our healthcare workers need the help.
Read below for a full list of items we can collect and how to schedule a donation pickup.
Thank you for anything you can donate, and for everything you are doing to help keep us all safe and healthy during this challenging time.
Some of the medical supplies donated by Rinse customers
March, 24 2020
In the wake of COVID-19, we are seeing a shortage of medical supplies across hospitals across the country, leaving healthcare workers underprepared and undersupplied as they contend with rapidly increasing numbers of Coronavirus patients.
To that end, Rinse is launching a medical supply donation drive this week. If you have extra medical supplies (see the list below) that you can donate to support those on the front lines, Rinse will collect them and deliver them to local hospitals in need.
Below is a list of items we are collecting:
The following items may be collected as long as they have not been used:
- N95 respirators
- Surgical masks
- Disposable gloves
- Protective goggles
- Face shields
- Surgical gowns, surgical booties, disposable head covers/caps
- Hand sanitizer
- Containers of disinfectants and disinfectant wipes
We will be collecting these medical supply donations using a similar process to how we collect clothing donations.
Here’s how to donate supplies:
- Place your donated items in an enclosed, non-Rinse, bag labeled “medical supplies.”
- Schedule a Rinse like normal via rinse.com, our mobile app, or by texting “Y” to 746-73. We will pick up your normal laundry and dry cleaning orders along with any donations during this time.
- Reminder to please follow our “no-contact” pickup and delivery protocol. We are instructing all of our Valets to maintain at least 6 feet of distance between themselves and customers. Please place your items outside your door and maintain distance while your Valet picks them up to help ensure the safety of yourself as well as your Valet.
IMPORTANT: If you do not have any laundry or dry cleaning at this time, but would like to ONLY donate supplies, please schedule a normal Rinse pickup and also email [email protected] or text 746-73 with the words “DONATE ONLY.”
If you are NOT yet a Rinse customer:
If you have not used Rinse before but would like to donate medical supplies, please take the following steps:
- Create your free account here: https://www.rinse.com/customers/start/
- Follow the instructions to schedule a pickup and create your account. If you would like to ONLY donate supplies and do not plan to use Rinse’s clothing care services, that’s okay. The signup process will ask you to select the type of service you are looking for (just go ahead and select any option) and enter your credit card information, but you will not be charged anything.
- Once you have created your account, simply email [email protected] or text 746-73 with the words “DONATE ONLY.”
Thanks for anything you can donate, and thanks for everything you are doing to help keep us all safe and healthy during this challenging time.
Since our founding, one of our core values has been to “Make Mom proud.” During this unprecedented global crisis, we know that both the Rinse team and our customers are looking for ways they can help. We are grateful to be able to leverage our established infrastructure for collecting clothing donations in order to collect medical supplies to support the heroic healthcare workers on the front lines of this crisis.