In these exceptional times, we are taking exceptional measures to protect the health and well-being of our team and our customers. We have made significant investments to ensure our Warehouse Operators, Valets, and Cleaning Partners have a continuous supply of critical items such as soap, gloves, hand sanitizer, disinfectants, and cloth masks. We have done everything we can to maintain employee hours during a time of lower demand. We have worked tirelessly to help our Cleaning Partners navigate the current environment and understand various relief programs available to small businesses.
We are committed to continue to make investments like these for as long as we need to while providing an essential service.
To help ensure we can do that, we are introducing a temporary “Health & Safety Fee” effective on all orders picked up on or after April 16, 2020.
Here’s how it works:
- We will add a $5 Health & Safety Fee to every order picked up on or after April 16, 2020. You will see this charge on your receipt as a separate line item.
- As a small thank you for your help and understanding, we will refund you the Health & Safety Fee in the form of a $5 Rinse credit three months from the date of delivery. For example, if the delivery date of your order is April 20, 2020, we will issue you a $5 Rinse credit on July 20, 2020. All credits will be valid for six months after the date of issue.
This new fee is temporary and we plan to end it once things start going back to normal.
Other COVID-19 Related Updates
We are making a few other minor service-related updates to help support our Valets and Cleaning Partners, including:
- Updating Valet tipping – Starting tonight (April 15, 2020), you will receive a text message about tipping individual Valets after every stop (historically, we’ve only sent the SMS upon delivery and split the tip between all your Valets for that order). We’ve received requests from customers to allow tipping individual Valets given the circumstances they are facing when they pick up and deliver. Please note that tipping is 100% optional and tips will never be tied back to a specific order (our Valets are W-2 employees who receive tips in lump sum with their normal paycheck).
- Temporarily pausing Rush Dry Cleaning – We are temporarily pausing our 2-Day Rush Service to allow our Cleaning Partners to reduce their operating costs. This very minor change is critical to them during a time of very low Dry Cleaning demand. If you have an urgent need for Rush Dry Cleaning, we will do everything we can to accommodate. Just email [email protected] and let us know. Please note that Next-Day Rush Wash & Fold will continue to be available.
- Reusable Cloth Masks - We have worked closely with our Cleaning Partners to produce reusable cloth masks for all of our team members across all of our markets. We are now scaling up that production process to provide masks to our customers for $10 per mask. Each mask is reusable and washable, and each purchase will provide a source of additional income for our Cleaning Partners. Learn more here.
We take our role as an essential service very seriously and will continue to do everything we can to ensure the health and safety of our team and our customers.
If you have questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to reach out to [email protected]
Thanks for your continued support. Please stay safe, stay healthy, and if you can, stay home.